- Is financing available?
Most customers get financing from their local bank, We have a pro forma available.
- What is the minimum investment required?
The minimum investment is $96,000.00 with The Hut, site improvements, shipping and installation (depending on site variables this could be more or less).
- Are there other ways to finance an Ice House other than bank financing?
In some cases individuals prefer to partner with two or three others to reduce or eliminate the need to borrow money. In other cases an individual will act as the “sweat equity”/managing partner while another partner provides the financing.
- Do I need any employees to run my ice vending business?
Not usually. An Ice House is fully automated and self serve. Typically, owners derive tremendous pleasure from checking on their machines every day or two. However, Ice House owners or investor groups with multiple units may choose to hire someone to oversee their operations.
- How many bags of ice per day can an Ice House deliver?
There are many factors that determine how many bags an Ice House can deliver. In real life application an Ice House can deliver between 300-600 bags per day. This number depends on how much time customer demand allows the ice maker and ice storage bin to recover. However if weekly demand regularly exceeds an average of 2,000 bags of ice per week a second ice maker should be added to the Ice House to increase the machine’s recovery abilities so it can produce more bags of ice.
- How much income can I expect to generate per year?
Income depends on several variables, including but not limited to local demand, price per vend, and fixed cost The average Ice House sells about 150 bags per day for $1.25. Gross average revenue per Ice House is about $68,000.00 with a 67% profit margin per year. One Ice House can easily supplement current income or retirement income while multiple Ice Houses have the ability to replace fulltime income.
Click Here>>> Sales Projector
- What is the average payback per machine?
The average payback on the total investment is 4-5 years. The average cash on cash return on a 20% down payment is one year.
- What is the average breakeven per machine?
Average breakeven with 7 year debt service is 85 bags per day. Average breakeven with no debt service is 50 bags per day.
- Is there a way to keep track of the sales on a machine?
Yes, the Ice House can be equipped with a sales counter to track the number of vends. To add an extra level of security and accountability a second sales counter with a lockbox or a monitoring wireless internet service may be added.
- What is needed to get my business up and running?
First, find a busy, high-traffic location for your Ice House. Secondly, make sure the location has water, three phase electricity, and phone lines. Once that has been confirmed, you need to secure a lease then apply for local construction permits. If your location is in the county no local permits are required. Finally, arrange for all required site improvements to be completed and inspected. Once your site is ready our technicians will deliver, install, and start up the house for you.
- What if I have no experience with finding lease space, working with sub contractors, or city permitting?
Don’t worry. Although you may experience a learning curve, Grande Ice will provide information and assistance in everyway we can.
- What realistic timeframe is required to become operational?
Finding a location adds the greatest time variable to opening an Ice House. Once a location is secure becoming operational will usually take 45 – 90 days.
- What prevents an Ice House from being in direct competition with another Ice House?
Through a Purchase Agreement, a Business License provides a Protected Trade Area around each Ice House. No other Ice House can be placed within that radius.
Click Here>>> Protected Trade Area Sample
- How do I know if there is a problem with the operation of the machine?
If a problem occurs a phone system will automatically telephone the owner or maintenance technician to notify them of a problem. Wireless internet services with expanded features are also available.
- What about operations training?
Our technician will train and support each owner on the operations of an Ice House.
- What is the inventory of the Ice House?
Bags, twist ties, quarters, and ICE
- How big is an Ice House?
The Ice House is approximately 200 square feet. The dimensions are 8'4" x 24' and weighs approximately 10,000 pounds.
- How well is an Ice House built?
Ice Houses are built with 4” thick insulated refrigerator panels. Inside components are 100% food grade stainless steel. Ice Houses are built and anchored to withstand Hurricane winds of 150 mile per hour.
- Ice House American has a 12 month warranty. Third party warranties are as follows:
Click here >>> Warranty
- How to I get more information?
Click Here>>> Contact Us